Friday, 12 August 2011

One thing after another

I'm sorry I've been MIA this week.  It's been a pretty bad week.  It didn't start out that way, but it just seemed to go down hill from Tuesday night onward.  Although I did have to go back to work after a week off, which meant I wasn't really in a good mood to begin with. 

Sadly, I've lost another loved one.  A pseudo-grandfather that has been a loving part of my life for many years died this week.  And I haven't been able to see him in a long while.  To be honest, I'm pretty devastated.  And, to be even more honest (and cryptic at the same time) there are some other complications that make it difficult for me to go to the service. 

So. 

Here I am.  Feeling sad and guilty and DAMN tired. 

And I'm supposed to go have "fun" at a friend's birthday cottage party this weekend, but I haven't quite figured out how to accomplish that yet.

All this just when my therapist said she thought I was turning a corner.  Turns out there's a giant bus coming straight at me on the other side.  

Enough about that, though.  

There are other things that have upset me this week, and it only makes sense that I share them with you too. 

First, this:
I can't even talk about it.
And then, this:

Really? MILLIONS of people watch this? REALLY?
And finally, this:

Bert and Ernie should damn well be allowed to get married. What year is this?
_

12 comments:

  1. *mental hugs*

    It'll get better. One day at a time :)

    And also...I just about snorted orange juice out my nose at the Jersey Shore picture...I've never watched that show, and I absolutely refuse to. I'm glad someone else feels the same way

    ReplyDelete
  2. too many sad things in one post, all I can say is :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mel - Thanks :) And yes, they are so annoying!

    Jo - It is sad, but I'm ok. I just need to let it out sometimes. I think Jersey Shore is particularly sad ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry sweetie. You know that l know how it is (don't know how else to say that, maybe I should just start saying Word! Or Yo!).

    I was totally ready for you to say some serious things but then when I saw the Glee movie and the STD poster kids of Jersey Shore, it gave me the biggest laugh. I will never get the Jersey Shit show. I love bad television but even I have my standards. ;)

    And I totally want to be invited to Bert and Ernie's wedding. With Bert's obsession with pigeons and Ernie's love of rubber duckies, what? I have a toddler :), that should be one weirdly decorated wedding. Pigeon crap and rubber everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, hon. It'll get better :)

    Also, I dont get the hype over those two shows. Watched them both & couldnt go 10 minutes without changing the channel haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry about your loss and not being able to go. Sometimes life sucks donkey turds. If only that bus could run over the Jersey Shore crew, maybe that would turn things around??

    ReplyDelete
  7. I married the Jersey Shore, kid. Watch your back ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear 'bout all the bad stuff. Sent you an email. Re: Jersey Shore, we may have to agree to disagree. It's my not so guilty pleasure. In fact, you might even say I shamelessly love.it. Uh oh, is this the first pop culture test of our friendship?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elle - Thanks hon. Ah, yes, I would love to go to that wedding!

    Lin - I saw JWow on Jimmy Fallon the other night. She just had boob surgery. She looks DISGUSTING.

    Lizbeth - Yes, I think that *would* turn things around!

    Boaty - I've seen the family you married into, and none of them are orange.

    v - Uh oh. To be honest sometimes I'm caught watching it when Hubby is, but it annoys me to no end! FRIENDSHIP OVER. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew about your loss, but I must have missed this post because of my own very rough week.

    I'm sorry that you're having to go through so much lately. I hope the cottage weekend helped a little.

    I agree with you 100% about Jersey Shore. And I still think of you every time I see an ad for Glee 3D!

    ReplyDelete
  11. God, I think we got hit by the same bus.
    *internet hug* Rootbeer floats fix everything, for a little while anyways.

    I'm with you 100% on everything but Burt and Earnie... I allways thought they were brothers. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  12. jacqui - Thanks doll. The cottage weekend was ok, despite my injury.

    Ashes - A hidden bus is an asshole. I'm not a fan of rootbeer, but what about regular beer?

    ReplyDelete