Saturday, 12 March 2011

Television is *delicious*

So it's Saturday morning and all I want to do is just sit in my pajamas and watch tv. 

It's so annoying when there's nothing good on, aside from, say, Hannah Montana, or Flip This House, or Let's Get Religious.

Alright.  Channel surfing.  Channel surfing... nothing. 

Time for the guide.  Next... next... Hmmm, what's this?

The Fireplace Channel. 


So stupid, and yet kinda calming.  It's nice.  But I have my own wood fireplace RIGHT NEXT TO THE TV.  So, kinda boring.  (And yes, those are Hubby's dirtly little stumps in the bottom right-hand corner of the frame.)

Ok, back to the guide. 

Oh, what's this little gem?  Next in line, right after The Fireplace Channel?  Fishies!


Well, that's kinda cool too, isn't it?  But it kinda triggers some bad memories.  Memories of when Hubby insisted on keeping his giant 40 gallon salt water fish tank in our miniature basement apartment.  I wouldn't call his as nice as this one.  It was less corraly and fishy, and more watery and smelly

Alright.  Moving on. 

Oh, what's this?  Another one?  Sunsets?  How nice!  I love sunsets!


Ok, so, this is one of those great ideas that doesn't really translate.  There's something about a sunset that should be majestic and all-encompassing, and, ya know, susceptible to the passage of time

Next. 

Oh my.  I never thought it would come to this.  I never thought we would reduce ourselves to this level.  I should have known better. 



Wow.  The Rotisserie Channel.  I don't know what else to say, except WOW. 

And yet, I can't bring myself to change the channel.  It's so relaxing, and peaceful, and deliriously hypnotic... mmmmmmm....

_

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, maybe they could combine all of these channels into one. Well except for the poor fishies, wouldn't want them thrown in the fireplace. Won't someone think of the fishies! ;)

    The rotisserie channel is odd which is why I probably wouldn't be able to tear myself away from it. Years ago I would always watch the Ron Popeil rotisserie infomercial when I couldn't sleep. Seeing that would put me in a trance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Infomercials are perfect for when you can't sleep! Totally hypnotic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I used to be obsessed with the Showtime Rotisserie infomercial- because of that, I'd have the Rotisserie channel on all day long. Mmmm, rotating chickens...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is rather distracting. You think it's weird, and yet you just... can't... look... away...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMFAO!!!

    Thank you for the giggle, we don't get such hilarity here in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  6. You mean Aussies *don't* watch tv chickens rotating on a constant loop? Weird...

    ReplyDelete