Sunday, 29 May 2011

I heart you all - and a warning from the future

Bloggy Bloggy! 

I love my blogger friends.  Every last one.  Sure, they're fucking crazy, most of them, but I heart them just the same. 

They make me laugh, even when I've forgotten what laughing feels like.  And they help me feel less disastrous and pathetic better when I post about how disastrous and pathetic depressed I've been. 

Basically, they make my day.  Every day.  

And lately they've been kind enough to bestow upon me some lovely blogging awards!  Awards that I certainly do not deserve, but will greedily hoard anyway.   

First came the Versatile Blogger Award.  I got a few of them, and I greatly appreciated it each time.

Then came the dreaded coveted STD.  From the hilarious genius Handflapper.  I don't claim to be talented, but I am DAMN SEXY.

Originated by Miss Lady Estrogen
And now I'm even a Stylish Blogger!  Not really in the least, but I'll take what I can get.  I got one of these generous awards from a more recent friend jacqui at chicktuition, and another from one of my very first blogger friends, Angela at Begging The Answer


You gals are awesome! 

Now.  As you know, accepting awards usually comes with a requirement on my part.  I'd like to think the "random things you don't already know about me" are covered in the Versatility post.  If not, call me on it, and I might do more.  Or not.  Try me.  

But I also have to re-write a movie with myself as a character.  I've been thinking about it for a while now.  I'll get to it.  Don't boss me! 

In the meantime, check out some of my fav posts from my bloggy bloggy friends here.  And in addition, here are two more, just because.  

Fetch My Flying Monkeys - The only thing I like about grammar is that there are not any rules, just suggestions. Right?

Handflapper - Houseguests, housecoats, and hoof and mouth disease. What are you worried about today?


PS

Happy long weekend to my American pals! (Insert waving red, white and blue here.) 

We had a long weekend here last week for Victoria Day - as in Queen Victoria, not Mrs. Beckham. 

So.  As someone speaking to you from the future - the Sunday night the week AFTER the long weekend - I implore you to enjoy your third magical day off to your heart's content.  Have a wine party.  Eat Fountain Funnel Cake.  Experiment sexually. 

Because when it's all said and done you'll be wishing you had.

_

12 comments:

  1. I will forgive you for not playing Shitionary today because you mentioned me and Queen Victoria in a post together. I love me some Queen Victoria ...seriously...ask anyone.

    It's a really cool super power you have...to be able to speak from the future. I think we can somehow use this power to make piles of money. Call me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really eh? I don't really know much about Queen Victoria, but I like that she gives me a May long weekend.

    I look forward to our work together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take your time with the award requirements. And I'm eagerly awaiting your yourself-in-a-movie post. Also, I ALREADY ate funnel cake this weekend. What can I say? I'm an overachiever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually didn't really know what funnel cake was until Handflapper got all emotional about it. I looked it up and it's much like a Canadian Beaver Tail. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beaver's tail tastes good?
    Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  6. And thank you so much for the award I somehow missed because I suck.
    I'll be sure to mention it in a post this week.
    You're awesome girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bestoweth an award unto thee on my blog..
    HA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fetch My Flying Monkey's fills me with Blog-Title envy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura - Agreed.

    Sarcasm - So good! It's actually a delicacy unique to my region too, which makes it extra delicious on account of all the exclusivity. Also, you're welcome! You don;t suck. And thanks!

    BettyFokker - Oh, me too. It's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmm. Funnel cake. Thanks for the love. You know it's reciprocated 1,000%.

    ReplyDelete