Monday, 18 April 2011

Flexible, resourceful, adaptable? Hardly.

Watch out!  Versatility is spreading across the interwebs!  Duck! 

No, wait.  Don't duck.  That's unnecessary. 

Instead, maybe you should cheer and begin a rockus round of applause. 


My blogger friend Angela (@BeggingTheAnswer) has nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award.  Yaaaay! 



Thanks Angela!  For sharing this honour, and for being the clever and charming blogger that you are.  

Now.  I've heard that with great success comes the great responsibility of nominating others.  But I couldn't narrow it down.  (Typical skirter of responsibility.) 

So instead, I encourage you to click each Bloggy Bloggy on the right side of my page.  Each of those bloggers are infinitely more worthy of awards than I am.  Consider yourselves official nominees! 

Here are some of my fav posts.   

Begging The Answer
Why Use The Coat Closet When You Have A Perfectly Good Banister Available?

Musings of a Sarcastic Mind
Who Doesn't *Love* a Math Lesson from a Toothless Man at a Gas Pump?   

Fetch My Flying Monkeys
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Seriously?? Reeeally? Seriously?
F-cked Up Letters: Walmart Edition

I also apparently have the responsibility of sharing some things that you may not already know about me. 

Here goes.  I'll try to make them "versatile."

1) I'm a pretend gardener.  Every Spring I make the yard look pretty and spend too much money on plants and dirt and mulch, and then eventually revert to ignoring it all for the rest of the Summer.  See?  Pretend. 

2) When I was a senior kindergartner I stole a handful of lego pieces from the classroom.  Yep.  Then I felt so guilty that I snuck them back into the classroom the next day and almost got caught putting them back into the toy bin. 

3) There are several movies that I can watch over and over again without ever getting sick of them.  City of Angels.  Dirty Dancing.  The Notebook.  Just to name a few.  And that's just the non-Christmas ones. (Home Alone.  Christmas Vacation.  Elf.)

4) I don't know how to play chess.  I understand the concept, but nobody has ever offered to teach me.  Not even Hubby.  Especially not Hubby - he knows the lesson would end up with me jamming a pawn in his ear.

5) I shave the hair off my bananas.  Seriously.  When I eat a banana, I peel it, and then use the back of the knife to shave the fuzzy layer off.  Then I slice it into pieces and eat it with a fork.  Sometimes with a side of peanut butter.


You're not judging me, are you?

_

8 comments:

  1. I was going to say something about "shave the hair off my bananas," but realized it would make me sound like some sort of fruit pervert. Sorry. I'll shut up now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry. You're not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of anyone shaving the "hair" off their banana - didn't complain as a child - hrumph! Where does one evolve into a banana shaver - should call yourself Marianna Annadanna Banana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure how it evolved! The texture is just far more tolerable that way. Trust me. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I peel grapefruit and then pull off all the "wrappings" of the pulp. Apparently this is not the traditional way to eat grapefruit.

    Congrats on the nomination, although I don't know what it means, since I've been playing blogger for only five minutes or so. But nominations are usually good, right? Unless it's a nomination to be the one to go outside and see if the zombies are still hanging out in the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You eat it like an orange? Odd. I cut it in half and carve out all the little pieces with a grapefruit spoon. Yes, they have special spoons.

    Thanks! It's n honour just to be nominated! (for awards, not for Zombie duty). As far as I can tell, it's about spreading blog love across the interwebs - which I'm *all* for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you, pimping me out, and me being pathetically late to the party!

    Thanks, girl!

    I love LOVE the pawn in his ear thing. I know (sort of) how to play chess, but I effing SUCK, and always lose, so it's never fun for me.

    It just reminds me that I am dumb.

    I can so relate to the lego incident, too. Guilty conscience and then consequence either way.

    Thanks for the chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. No problem!
    I know what you mean about never fun when you always lose!

    ReplyDelete