Sunday, 29 July 2012

I think the glowing bird bikes were the highlight

I think there might be some sports on tv or something. 

Like, a LOT of sports.  A whole bunch of different kinds of sports.  On tv.  ALL THE TIME. 

I don't really like sports.  I don't really like playing them, nor do I really care to observe them.  I guess I like the sentiment, and I respect the athletes, but sports in general?  Meh. 

Except for these particular sports.  These Olympic sports?  I like these sports.  I like the international competition.  And the patriotism.  And the muscles.  The male swimmers' muscles, mostly.

It's a pretty safe bet that I'll spend my entire week's vacation watching the Olympics.  Constantly.  Probably. 

Of course the whole event was kicked off on Friday with the Opening Ceremonies.  To which I had some reactions.  So here are my thoughts.  Because I know you're dying to hear them. 










Then I took a nap.

 

The end. 

11 comments:

  1. Well I WAS going to YouTube the opening ceremony but since you pretty much covered it I'm good to go! This was much more entertaining than the actual thing (I'm sure) :):)

    P.S. The US men and women gymnastics coaches are from my tiny hometown! FTW ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Yes, my recap was way better. That's neat!

      Delete
  2. I just watched the housewives on DVR instead, but in my head i'm thinking Go USA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh, I hate the Olympics too. I heart you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heart you too!
      But I actually like them. I just wasn't a fan of the ceremony. Yesterday I put my tv to CTV and then turned on my outdoor speakers so I could listen from the backyard. Loser.

      Delete
    2. You aren't a loser, you are awesome.... I think the athletes are great, but after seeing firsthand what the olympics can do to a city (vancouver) I am a little bitter. My city, and I am sure others, temporarily "clean up" their problems (homeless, poverty, etc) just enough to make themselves look good. Ugh. I think also feel all the money spent on pomp and circumstance is wasted. Um, where did that come from....

      Delete
    3. Yes that's very true. I'm not sure I'd want them in my city, but I like to be optimistic a out the sentiment.

      Delete
  4. I'm not a fan of sports unless I'm participating. But I did see some, and those people are so talented. All of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are! And it's so hard to see them heartbroken if it doesn't work out. They put everything into their sport.

      Delete
  5. I was thoroughly confused as to why they were celebrating sick children.

    ReplyDelete