Tuesday, 17 July 2012

Today kicked my ass

Ugh. 

I'm tired. 

6:50 - The TV comes on to awake me from my slumber. 

6:59 - I curse, because my cable has been busted for a week, making a very loud BUZZING sound every 8-12 seconds. 

7:01 - I still watch it, because, well, CLASSY. 

7:33 - I eat breakfast, etc, knowing I have to leave "early" for work to ensure I arrive in time for a 9:30 meeting.  (Fuck you, commute.)

7:42 - Hubby goes running downstairs with a garbage bag, trying to catch the garbage truck.  He fails in his mission.  He curses.  I laugh. 

9:24 - I arrive at the meeting, with 3 people emailing me asking what building they are supposed to go to.  And then one gets mad, as if it's my fault.  I complain to my boss.   

9:30 - Someone bitches at me. 

11:00 - I leave the meeting.  My boss buys me an iced coffee.  I add honey.  Yum. 

11:30 - I work hard all afternoon, with too much to do and too little time to do it.  I also look up a clip of Grey's Anatomy.  Someone else bitches at me. 

3:15 - Another meeting sneaks up on me.  It eats up the rest of my day.   

5:00 - My day doesn't end, rather someone else bitches at me.  That's 3 separate people bitching at me.  In one day. 

5:30 - My boss gets stuck on a conference call.  I feel guilty. 

5:40 - I continue to bicker with people until I'm so cranky and exhausted that I rant to multiple bosses and pretty much fall asleep during a conversation. 

6:15 - I leave the office, with no particular idea what exactly caused such a significant level of exhaustion.  I can't quite put my finger on what, if anything, was accomplished.

6:26 - I continue working via blackberry the whole way home. 

7:15 - I arrive home, find that Hubby has finally cleaned out my drain and vacuumed the bedroom (thank you darling), have a calming "don't go crazy" shower, eat a grilled vegy wrap, watch Jimmy Fallon, write a blog, and hopefully go to sleep momentarily. 

The end. 

10 comments:

  1. I hope you have a restful night and a much better day tomorrow. God, I miss working ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love you.
    I'm kicking every single day's ass until they all behave better

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geez, I'm tired just reading about it. Hopefully the rest of your week won't be nearly as busy as this entire day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's looking a little rough. But I have a week off coming up soon!

      Delete
  4. tomorrow is a new day... and hopefully a better one.. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes. Well today was just if not more exhausting. But I have hopes for tomorrow. :) thanks.

      Delete
  5. Today was a bitch day for me too. Complete and total hell. I sure as hell hope tomorrow is better or I might have to start drinking at work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have rum in my desk drawer. My boss has scotch. I might break into it tomorrow!

      Delete