Sunday, 23 October 2011

Day 5 - My Life in Music

Day 5 of my 30 (or 100) Day Blog Challenge is upon us, y'all.  And it's a tricky one. I may have been procrastinating on this one because it seems to require a lot of thought, and I'm pretty lazy. As you know.

So, I decided to just power through and come up with 15 songs that represent my life's soundtrack. Happy listening.

Childhood

The Polka Dot Door
This is a kids' show on TV Ontario which I LOVED. Turns out Hubby's new coworker's father-in-law was the one and only PolkaRoo! Amazing.



Father of Mine by Everclear
My biological father was a useless and evil douchebag. Enough said.



These Boots are Made for Walkin by Nancy Sinatra
Mom and I had to do some ass kicking in those early years.



I'll be Missing You by Puff Daddy
My lovely aunt (more like second mom) died at age 38 of lung cancer. It's been nearly 20 years and I'm not yet over it. DON'T SMOKE.  It's not worth it.




Lean on Me by Bill Withers
I don't know - I just got a good vibe from this song as a kid. My cousin and I used to sing "Pee on me."



Adolescence

Shimmer by Fuel
To this day  my fav song of all time. But it spoke to me in 9th grade especially.



Everything you Want by Vertical Horizon
I had some stupid boyfriends (and some not so bad ones either) - but none of them were Hubby. I didn't know what I wanted until Hubby saved me from myself at age 16.



Here's to the Night by Eve Six
Looking back, high school was not an ideal time in my life.  When I look back I have feelings of anxiousness and insecurity.  However, this song always reminded me that it wasn't all bad.



Ten Glorious Hubby Years

You Belong to Me by Jason Wade (from Lifehouse)
Our song.




I'm Real by JLo with Ja Rule
Our first summer song.



Lullaby by The Dixie Chicks
Our other song - our first wedding dance.



I Will by The Beatles
Our other song - sung to us at our wedding my my QSD (Quasi Step Dad).



The Last Year

Bad Day by Fuel
Blah.



Help by The Beatles
Ever really listened to these lyrics? Yep.



Don't Stop Believin by Journey
But I haven't given up yet.



You should join me in my 30 (or 100) Day Blog Challenge! Even if you skip some days or whatever, I don't care.  Link your posts up here so I can read them!

3 comments:

  1. Dixie Chicks' "lullaby" is one of my favorite songs. Love that it was your wedding song :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I guess my comment was not approved. I wonder why? I wonder if this one will be approved? It doesn't matter, really, as I love typing in small boxes anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang - It was a gorgeous wedding song. We even took dancing lessons :)

    jacqui - No! There was no comment! I'm glad you liked the Everclear choice though.

    ReplyDelete