Thursday, 8 September 2011

30 (or 100) Day Blog Challenge

I’ve seen this fun little game in a few different places, and so I’m jumping on the bandwagon. Because I’m a bandwagon kind of girl. Unless it’s a bandwagon full of drugs. I avoid drug bandwagons. Come to think of it, I tend to avoid wagons of all kinds.

I’m not sure what I’m saying.

Let’s start over.

Today is the first day of my 30 day blog challenge.  I won’t be doing it in 30 days, however. I might do it in, like, 100 days, let's say. If I feel like it.

Day 01- Introduction, a recent photo, and 15 interesting facts about yourself.

Ok, well, I think the above counts as an introduction.

Here’s a recent photo. It’s not of me.

It's a pig head.
Fifteen? Fifteen is a lot. Also? “Interesting” is a relative term.

1) Peanut butter is my ultimate comfort food.
2) I HAVE to sleep with feather pillows. HAVE to.
3) I never take out the garbage. I make Hubby do it.
4) Nothing tastes quite as good as pizza with Pepsi.
5) I’m a picker. If I have a scab? Pick it. If I have a torn cuticle? Pick it. If I have a nail polish chip? Pick it.
6) I play no instruments.
7) I wish I learned to play an instrument.
8) Actually, I wish I wanted to learn to play an instrument.
9) Passive aggression annoys me to NO END.
10) Hubby’s socks gross me out.
11) My second toe is longer than my big toe. And it’s WEIRD.
12) I have a thin little line scar on my tummy from surgery when I was seven weeks old. It looks like an oddly placed roll of fat.
13) I could never go back to a non-power toothbrush.
14) My favourite books are Gone With the Wind, Lonesome Dove, and Jane Eyre.
15) I’ve only had one sexual partner. (Don’t tell Hubby.)

That’s it for today! Stay tuned over the coming, like, 100 days – or however long it takes – and I’ll fill you in on the rest of the list below.

Will any of you join me?  You don't have to do the whole 30 days.  I'm not a blog cop.  But maybe when I write one you can relate to, you'll do it with me?  I like to be on a bandwagon with other people

Day 02- The meaning behind your blog.
Day 03- A picture of something you cannot live without.
Day 04- A habit that you wish you didn’t have.
Day 05- List 15 songs that represent your life’s soundtrack.
Day 06- A picture of somewhere you’ve been to.
Day 07- A hobby you have.
Day 08- A picture of someone/something that has the biggest impact on you.
Day 09- Short term goals for this month and why.
Day 10- Something/someone you’re proud of.
Day 11- A story about a past relationship.
Day 12- A picture of something you dislike.
Day 13- Share a secret.
Day 14- Write a letter telling someone something you could never tell them.
Day 15- A picture of something you ate and 10 confessions.
Day 16- Put your iPod on shuffle & share the first 10 songs that play.
Day 17- Something you could live without.
Day 18- Someone you would want to switch lives with for one day and why.
Day 19- Plans/dreams/goals you have.
Day 20- Nicknames you have & how or why you have them.
Day 21- If you had 3 wishes, what would they be.
Day 22- Share a picture from your day.
Day 23- What makes you different from everyone else.
Day 24- What is something you crave.
Day 25- What I would find in your bag.
Day 26- Places you want to visit before you die.
Day 27- Why are you doing this 30 day challenge?
Day 28- A picture of you last year and now, how have you changed since then?
Day 29- In this past month, what have you learned.
Day 30- A picture of you today & 20 goals you want to accomplish.
_ _

17 comments:

  1. No one who doesn't have a Facebook account can claim that they, in any way, shape or form, are bandwagon joiners. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a picker TOO... omg... I hate it, but I can't stop!

    love this challenge! I think I'll try and do it as well.. but 30 days is too much constraint when I'm in school.. I'm on board with the 100 days.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to do it with you, mind out of the gutter Marianna. ;) I know I won't do all of them but I figured like my occasional half ass attempt at cooking posts, this could be my half ass attempt at a 30 blog challenge....and I might end up only doing a few but I'm on the bandwagon. Whoop whoop!

    As long as it's not the wagon from Little House On The Prairie that killed the parents of these two kids that saw their parents bite it and then the Ingalls family ended up adopting them. I don't want any bandwagon shit like that. Not the adopting part put seeing my parents killed in a wagon accident. Okay, I'll stop now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooohhh what a cool idea!! I think I might to try it out too, but I'll probably do maybe only one or two a week. Do you know who originally came up with this awesome idea? Otherwise, I'm just going to give credit to you for inspiring me to do the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is me, jumping into the wagon with you. I'll start today.
    Also, what kind of band is in a band wagon?
    If it's heavy metal, no thanks.
    If it's NKOTB, YES PLEASE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just finished a 30 day blog challenge...I would have finished within the 30 days (I doubled up and bunched together some that were short), except for friggin' Irene. Lack of power for more than 3 days kinda makes blogging tricky :-P.

    I am also a major picker. And recently realized that apparently I'm not too subtle about it because now my 5yo son is one too. Yay. I can imagine what all his kindergarten teachers are going to think of me by the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to pick and choose which one's I do, is that OK??

    And totally a picker, especially on the fingernails and cuticles...and it grosses me out too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #11 is a sign that you're going to be very wealthy. FYI.

    Some of them sound fun. I'd probably do several in one post. Once I get to the point where I feel like writing again...

    ReplyDelete
  9. LB - Fair enough.

    chemgirl - I can't stop either! Oh yeah, 100 is way easier. Maybe even 200. It all depends on my mood. I make no promises.

    Elle - I'm all about occassional half assed attempts. I don't think the Litle House wagon was a bandwagon, exactly. Not that I know what it was...

    Ang - I got it from City Momma (who got it from Neverland Ranger) and Coffee with Cheryl. I'm not sure where it started!

    Sarcasm - Do you know me AT ALL? NKOTBSB all the way.

    Cheryl - The teachers might not be fans, but all the kids with pesky scabs will LOVE him.

    Lizbeth - OF COURSE it's ok. This is a more of a slow-moving hop-on/hop-off bandwagon.

    Rachel - Someone with a weird toe like mine made that up. But I'll take it. Maybe pick a good one and use it for inspiration?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Jane Eyre! I'll think about joining your blog thingie but I'm not much of a bandwagon hopper...I'm not even entirely sure what a bandwagon is.

    I like the way you're doing it though...all rebellious-like. So, I'll definitely give it some thought.

    ReplyDelete
  11. jacqui - I'm flattered that you're giving it so much serious thought. I'll expect your formal response within 24 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am totally jumping on the bandwagon. I am a follower. I saw that Sarcasm was doing it too and peer pressure gets me every time!
    Hopped from her blog to yours.You have already made me laugh out loud!
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jess - I'm a sucker for peer pressure too! Thanks doll.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I could have a dozen toasted english muffins with melted peanut butter... every day.

    Also? #15 killed me. Too funny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lady - Yes! Melted peanut butter is heavenly. Ha! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mmmm... peanut butter. Actually, Nutella trumped peanut butter as my comfort food. First time I had it in Germany I felt instantly better. Then I found out about a month ago that it was made in Canada and was really confused.

    Crap, I just thought of like five or six other things I could have posted on my part of your bandwagon instead of the lamesauce I posted already... lame.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ashes - Nutella is made in Canada?! Can you believe I don't think I've ever had it? Post again! There is no limit! ;)

    ReplyDelete