Monday, 25 July 2011

Twitter Movie Night!

I always wished I could have been an actress.

I was a very melodramatic child.  I threw the BEST temper tantrums and loved to watch myself laugh/cry/dance in the mirror.  My friends and I used to perform shows in the basement and the yard.   And I was an only child, which meant I spent a lot of time talking to myself and making up characters.  There was Aunt Jemma, and Huckleberry, and I think Mister Whiskers.

As I got older I was in a few plays, and I was a huge fan of pretending I was in a soap opera - yelling through tears, or talking away from a person toward the "camera", or holding a necklace and squeezing the chain wrapped around my fingers and waving my fist in the air. 

I think I'm a performer at heart.  Probably.

Sadly, however, I never fully explored my true calling, so all I have is tv and movies and the occasional play to feed my need for drama.  I love letting a show make me cry, laugh, sing, and pull on my heart strings.  And I HATE it when Hubby starts yapping is big mouth before the credits roll - I need to follow it through to the VERY end. 

What's my point?

I love movies!  Best of all, I love watching them with others so we can laugh/cry/sing together.

So I've decided to host a live twitter movie night.  And the date is set. 

Sunday, July 31 at 7:00 Eastern! 

We just need to decide on a movie!  So I've provided a few options

Rango




Harry Potter, Chamber of Secrets (#2)



Source Code




Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back



So vote!  Over there -->

And then join us on Sunday with the #movienight hashtag and watch! I'll announce the movie choice Thursday.

_

11 comments:

  1. I forgot we talked about doing this! I'm in. I'll have to decide on my vote now...
    PS, I've been called a "born actress" by my family my whole life. So that's another thing we have in common.
    Also, I STILL have a huge imagination, sometimes with imaginary friends. IN COMMON again.
    Last, I'm a movie freak. Not theaters cuz the general public is rude as hell. Rentals. At home in my jammies with booze.
    WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?
    Oh, that's right. Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a thespian in high school. My greatest credit was playing the Grim Reaper. A role in which I was completely silent. But I had *presence*! PLus, I got to carry a scythe to school, so yeah, don't freakin mess with me.

    If I could ensure my attendance in this venture, I'd go HP. You know because me = nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! Count me in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. woot sounds like fun! I think we r twins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarcasm - Yes, sorry, I've been in Canada. It's like an alternate universe up here. Maybe we *are* eachother, just in a parallel world.

    Rachel - You had 'presence'! No doubt. Ha!

    Lin - Yay!

    LACE - I think so too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I came back to see how the voting was going...because I don't want everyone to accidentally vote for the wrong movie...and realized I had never left a comment.

    So, here's my comment: I know that deep down all of you know which movie is the right one. Please vote for that one and not the other ones. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Gawd I know I'm going to forget. I'm all for staying home and watching movies. I can get up and do whatever I want while I pause it. Greatest invention ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. jacqui - I wondered if you were getting comment lazy. And thanks for the PSA.

    Lizbeth - Don't forget! It's gonna be so much fun! Pause is the. best. invention. ever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun idea, I will have to join a little late perhaps and come in when the monkeys are sleeping. Will you be sending me my movie by courier pigeon?

    ReplyDelete
  10. You posted this in the pickle shit category. I just...love that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Theresa - Sure, join us whenever you can. The kiddies might like the movie too? And I was actually planing on sending it via Genie *blink*

    mamamash - It's my favourite category! :)

    ReplyDelete