Wednesday, 9 February 2011

Mornings give me panic attacks

I asked Hubby if he would drive me to work tomorrow.  Not just for any reason, but because I have French class tomorrow morning - tomorrow morning at 8:00. 

Eff it, 8:00 effing SUCKS.

I normally start work at 9:00.  And by 9:00, I mean anywhere between 9:15 and 9:30 - depending entirely on what time I crawl my lazy ass out of bed, and make my way to the bus station, and outrun the security guards, and chase the goddam bus, and hop on for my ride into work. 

Which, by the way, is the only time in the morning I can actually tolerate, since it's the only time I'm not rushing.  Sitting on the bus is the most freeing experience.  I have no control over it.  If that driver is as late as all get out, there is nothing I can do.  If he wants to drive like an effing turtle, there's nothing I can do.  If he wants to stop and let every lazy I-want-the-bus-to-wait-but-I-don't-want-to-run loser, there is NOTHING I can do.

And so, I just sit and zone-out and enjoy the view of the blurring traffic-jammed cars as I speed by in my happy little blue bus seat.   

But Thursday mornings I have French.  At 8:00.  Which means I have to leave the house by 6:45 in order to get there in plenty of time. 

Bull shit. 

So I asked Hubby if he would drive me tomorrow.

"But then I'll have to pick you up at the bus station after work" he said.  "Will you be home in time for me to go to the gym?"

"Hmmm.  I'll think about it."

"Ok."

"It's just that 6:45 is sooo much worse than 7:30"  I added.  "It's not the 45 minutes.  I can live with the 45 minutes."  [speed talking now]  "It's that 7:30 is bad enough, but 6:45?  6:45 is a whole other world of pain."  {Short shaky breaths]  "6:45 gives me anxiety."

And so, thank you Hubby for driving me to French class tomorrow.  And for nurturing my commuter anxiety disorder.  Without you, I'd be a very panicky - and very tired - emotional mess. 
_

1 comment:

  1. In college I had a 7:45 Spanish class. Who can be expected to speak a foreign language at such an ungodly hour, who?!

    ReplyDelete