Sunday, 2 February 2014

I like to exercise [my right to sit on my ass]

In case you missed it yesterday, we have officially entered Birthday Month - the month of my dreaded fun-filled 30th birthday.  My New Birthday's resolution is to do something for me every day this month, and to blog my progress. So hold on to your hats! And get ready for some really exciting blogging!

Yesterday's Birthday Month activity was - brace yourself - to order pizza.  Shut up, it was awesome.  I haven't had greasy delivery pizza since I was preggers.  Although, to be fair, I did experience a rather lengthy "order one large take-out Hawaiian pizza every week after leaving the doctor's office and eat it in the car on the way home" phase. The pizza last night wasn't quite as satisfying, but it was convenient.  

Today's activity was to be alone.  I let Hubby care for Fraggle while I went back to bed.  He then took her out grocery shopping (!) while I watched The Best Of Jimmy Fallon.  




I also shoveled the driveway, which was fucking hard given that the snow was packy enough to build a giant driveway igloo, had I had the energy to do so.  It was about time I got a bit of exercise.  I haven't exercised since, well, what year is this? Unless you count exercising my right to sit on my ass, which I totally do.  

In the end, I'm pretty happy with my Birthday Month success thus far.  I have no idea what's on deck for tomorrow but it will easily be as thrilling and exhilarating as a pizza, a shovel, and a nap.   


No comments:

Post a Comment