Saturday, 28 April 2012

Randy Fenoli is an adorable genius

My best friend Skippy is getting married next year!  So excited for her.  I'm even more excited that she picked yours truly to be her Maid of Honour.  (Don't ever say Matron. I WILL kick you in the kidney.)

As part of my Maid of Honour duties, I saw an ad for a bridal show taking place in Buttfuck Nowhere 40 minutes outside of Hometown.  So what? you may be wondering. 

Well, first of all, you should know that leaving work, driving to Hometown, and then driving to a CHURCH in Buttfuck Nowhere for a bridal show was not necessarily my idea of the best Friday night activity ever. 

But I was WRONG. 

Not only were there yummy meatballs at one of the kiosks, and not only was there a 17 year old Courtney Love wannabe hanging around for me to make fun of, but there was also...

RANDY FENOLI from SAY YES TO THE DRESS. 

I  kid you not, my friends. 

"Look at me. I'm an adorable genius with a gorgeous outfit."

Now. What in god's name Randy was doing in Buttfuck is a question for someone far smarter than me,  However, he did happen to appear on the Marilyn Dennis Show in Toronto the day before, so maybe he was just maximizing his time here in the Great White North.

In any case, Randy was fabulous.  He didn't merely show up - he did a whole presentation.  He told stories, made jokes, showed pictures, answered questions, and signed at least a couple hundred autographed headshots.  He was genuine, kind, and honest.  And he looked adorable. 

Randy with Skippy's future mother in law.  That's not her real face. 

Randy's whole message to brides, and to women in general, was to elevate themselves.  We are all beautiful.  We all deserve happiness.  And our weddings should reflect the story of who we are as women.  We can have what we want.  We just have to go out there and grab it. 

I now heart Randy Fenoli. 


*A special dedication to Multi Tasking Mumma who, I found out later, was actually at this same friggin event with me.  Totally random that we'd be in the same blogging circles, and then accidentally cross paths in real life - only to figure that out when it was too late to actually chat.  Classic prank, Interwebs.  Classic prank.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being chosen as maid of honor, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats and love the photo editing you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I'm very skilled at drawing faces. NOT.

      Delete
  3. *photo altered to hide true identity*

    Buttfuck Nowhere. By any chance, is that near Podunkville, USA?

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think they're on just opposite sides of the border!

      Delete
  4. SHUT THE FRONT DOOR. I am so super jealous right now I can't even control myself. Skippy's future mother in law is adorable, FYI

    ReplyDelete