Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Fill in the blank whatever effing day this is

Today I spent the entire day thinking it had to be at least Wednesday.   

Also, added to the mass confusion APRIL SNOW creates regarding what fucking season it actually is, work is a shit show for a several different reasons. 

Oh, and my meds continue to decrease while sometimes I feel that my Crazy continues to increase. 

All of this means I have no idea what the hell is going on, let alone what day it is. 

It also means I need to do a better job of chilling the fuck out. 

So even though this "Fill in the Blank Friday" thing is supposed to take place on Fridays, I've never really been one to do what I'm supposed to do.  Nor am I ever on time.  For anything.  Ever. 

Anyway, here it is.  Late.  As always. 

Today was a good day because
It's over. 

Tomorrow I will
Try to lighten up. 

My favorite time of day is
Not mornings.  Mornings are assholes.  I think I like hometime the best. Especially when Hubby picks me up from the office and we drive home together.  I also like cat cuddle time.  And texting/twitter time. 

Sometimes you just have to
Curse.  Call people names.  Express utter frustration.  Cry. 

A song that I can't get enough of lately is
That damn "Somebody That I Used to Know" song.  I was really loving it, but now it's in my head all the damn time and I might be getting sick of it.  Shame.  So, the song I can't get enough of right this minute (or ever, for that matter) is the song Hubby is currently playing on the guitar.  My wedding song. 




My favorite accessory is
My heels.  I love my high heels.  Sometimes they hurt my old lady knees but I don't care. 

My favorite thing about this week was
Hmmm.  Walking with my friend v on Sunday.  Cold grey weather, but crisp and fresh and preceded by cookies.  Excellent combo. 


You should totally go check out Linny's Vault (whose Fill in the Blanks I always enjoy) as well as her friend at The Little Things We Do, (who I think came up with the whole genius idea). 

25 comments:

  1. Ha! Thank you so much for the laugh, my friend. I really needed that tonight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad today's over too. I'd be happier if the week was over but I wont push it. Mornings are most definitely assholes, especially my wake up at 4am mornings. Blagh!

    I'm so jealous that you can stand wearing heels. My old lady feet can't handle them longer than a good hour or so. Feet, you suck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4 am?! Disgusting. I do live my heels. :) high ones!

      Delete
  3. I am so with you about mornings being assholes!! Mornings with two cute but complete pains in the ass kids are completely fucking assholes! Sigh . . . is this week over yet?!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I was pregnant my feet swelled to unimaginable portions, and I couldn't wear anything but sneakers. And ever since wearing high heels has been nothing short of torture. Lucky you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I fear that when I get preggers too! Nooooooooo

      Delete
  5. I like the the guitar in that one. I don't even KNOW that song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a guitarist play At out wedding. That was my walking down the aisle song. :). It's originally from, like, the 1940s. The guy from Lifehouse redid it for Shrek.

      Do you play guitar?

      Delete
  6. seriously? did you say OLD LADY KNEES? I think our Best Friends for fucking ever and ever and ever (BFFFEAEAE for short) status is in time-out. So clearly I am just dead over here if YOU'RE OLD. Phshaw!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah! Neither of us are old. I just have momma's knees, and she has Nana knees. Can we be BFFFEAEAE again?

      Delete
    2. Yes. I was totally over it 5 seconds after I posted that. DUH. You're amazing and shit.

      Delete
  7. Mornings are indeed assholes. And you? Are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes mornings are assholes! Especially when I had an extra glass of wine the night before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this! :D What I took away from this is how exceedingly fortunate you are to be able to wear heels. I used to wear them all the time. Now? I can't wear them without basically falling off them and twisting my ankles. Total dorkdom. This (like sagging) is yet another of the cruel, totally unfair aspects of aging.

    Think of me the next time you wear heels...and have a moment of silence. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it! I will think of you right now then! As I am wearin heels every day at work. Also, dorkdom?! Nice.

      Delete
  10. Crap. I'd better keep on wearing heels while I still can. I tend to avoid *too high* heels because they hurt my feet. A LOT.

    -Barb the French Bean

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you've been having a hard time lately. But I still loved your answers. And the video and song are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That walk was good. I am working on making a list of things that soothe that are healthy and am increasingly realizing that (a) walking, (b) talking to friends that get me (like you!) and (c) bodies of water are all big players. Cookies go on the list of unhealthy things that soothe me. But when combined with an adequate number of items from the good list, well, they are suddenly slightly more acceptable :) xo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent points. I whole heatedly agree. :)

      Delete