Tuesday, 15 November 2011

Not every day sucks - today notwithstanding

I had a good day yesterday.  For three specific reasons. 

Number One, I posted a "how to quit being so selfless and considerate" like-Cosmo-but-so-much-friggin-better quiz on Cheesy Bloggers

If I've learned nothing over the last several months by fighting nasty-ass Depression and Anxiety, I've at least learned this: I simply MUST find a way to ease up on myself.  I need to check-in once in a while.  I need to give myself the same credit and forgiveness I'd give others.  I need to make room

My old habit of shoving every simple (yet unwanted) emotion into the depths of my soul only meant that I eventually maxed out my capacity and the whole effing shit-show just exploded black depression bile and red anxiety toxins all over my life. 

Hence the quiz.  This quiz will gauge how well you treat yourself - regardless of how well you treat others.  You should take the quiz (HERE) and email it to CheesyBloggers@gmail.com.  Then I'll "evaluate" your responses with my very "advanced" and "scientific" scoring "strategy". 


Number Two, I applied some of my new "mindfulness" depression and anxiety strategies EXPERTLY. 

A douchebag was sorta trying (inadvertently, I think) to take advantage of me to support his own ego trip.  My first inclination was to just go along with it and hope he'd get bored and move on.  I could see through him, so it didn't matter.  I was also afraid that if I blew him off he'd badmouth me.  And I thought it'd just be easier to put up with it, rather than nip it in the bud. 

Well, despite my reservations, I NIPPED THAT SHIT IN THE BUD, man.  I politely expressed my disinterest in having anything to do with him and saved myself the pain in the ass of letting him walk all over me. 

This may sound stupid, it's a huge accomplishment.  I said "No thanks" even though my gut reaction was to say, "Well, ok, I guess, if I have to, and if I can't get out of it, and if it might turn out badly."


Number Three, I got home only to find the most exciting possible thing in my kitchen (aside from Hubby).  I found a UPS package!  From my darling friend Miss Chicktuition!  I entered her photo contest and she sent me my winnings!  This was seriously the chocolate topping on my peanut butter cake.  Thanks Jacqui!


My "Stay Away From My Mug" Mug; my "Terribly Witty Ideas By Me" notebook; my pink pens and stickies; and a ridiculous amount of adorable chocolate that got eaten within five minutes.  And of course, Miss Chick's button. 

*** You should know that I wrote this earlier this morning before my day at work went to shit and then my car starting making the worst noise in Canada.  But whatever. 

15 comments:

  1. Oh, the pretty tags! I go through those things like a crack whore goes through...well, crack and whorin', I guess.

    They're great for marking up books you're not allowed to write it.

    Congrats on the win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you and I really hope it continues to get better for you... :)

    btw.. that chicktuition swag bag is totally fucking rad and I'm super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you 'nipped that shit in the bud'! I need to do that more often.

    Isn't it fun to get a package from UPS and then pig out on chocolate? I'm super happy it cheered you up!

    Sorry about your car noises...I hope it's nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianna AnnadannaNovember 16, 2011 10:44 am

    HighlyIrritable - You should google post-it art! People make huge artistic renderings on office windows!

    Jaime - It IS rad! I love it! :)

    jacqui - Yes, nipping shit in the bud is AWESOME! Stupid car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The worst noise in Canada...is that the sound of your block heater extension cord snapping in half because of the cold? I think that's the worst one I've heard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so with you on the whole "be easier on yourself" thing. Glad you went ahead and nipped that douchebag in the bud. That's a lesson I'm still trying to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your car and my car have the same disease.
    I need to take notes from you. Mostly with the 'nipping shit in the bud' area.
    Yay! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I hope it wasn't the cord to the block heater. That's not a good way to start winter.

    I'm glad you took care of the man. And tactfully too. I'm not sure I could have done the same with my horrible temper. yay you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marianna AnnadannaNovember 17, 2011 5:10 pm

    E3 - Ouch, that does sound bad. Wait till you hear about what it was...

    Ashes - Yay! Go me! ;)

    Lizbeth - It hasn't been to wintery here yet. It's luring me into submission. Oh, my temper comes out, but this time I controlled it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. yay for good days and nipping the shit in the bud.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your car is making a weird noise??? It sounds like you need a new one RIGHT AWAY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Therapy taught me "self-care" was more important than putting put with "losers who want to suck the life out of me".
    (I'm a fellow-Canuck)

    ReplyDelete
  13. LACE - Nipping shit in the bud is KEY

    Beans - HA! lol YES I DO!

    Wendy - Yes, I'm getting there. Oh! Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, so I'm Beans now? LOL

    BTW, Elle was not some random name I chose. I sign most of my emails with an L, so that spelled out is Elle. It was working fine until that whole gay erotica thing came about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yes! I've decided you shall now ben known as Beans. Ok, wellm, that makes sensem but still... Beans is better.

    ReplyDelete