Tuesday, 14 February 2012

Happy creepy naked baby day

I need some soup.

Not only did Hubby transmit his viral gastrointestinal infection to me last week, but now he has passed me his dirty head cold.

I had a raw throat last night and now I can’t breathe through my left nostril. Also, snot keeps dripping out of my right one at unexpected and inopportune moments – like when I’m in a work discussion with colleagues. My eyes are also burning, which could indicate a fever, or could simply be a result of the fiery death stares I’ve been sending to anyone who messes with me. Not to mention the sneezing, which is highly offensive to my coworkers.

I also slept weird and my neck/back hurts.  I can only turn my head about three quarters of the way in either direction. Which wouldn’t be a problem, except that IT EFFING HURTS.

Luckily, Hubby’s feeling much better, providing the perfect reason for me to blame him for my misfortune.

All that said, I still have a bit of a festive spirit today. I think it’s an ugly fat baby’s birthday today, isn’t it? You know, the one with the bow and arrow? That crazy little fucker must have bitten me or something because I made a particular effort to wear red today and also made up 30 adorable Winnie the Pooh valentines for my colleagues.



Hubby also bought me some flowers yesterday, which I thought they were making me sniffly, but now I know better. The flowers are nice, but this cold is the worst Valentine’s Day gift he’s ever given me. Even worse than the time he forgot to get me a card but when he got to the store they were sold out so he bought an Easter card instead. Ass bucket.

Happy creepy naked baby day.

11 comments:

  1. Hahah...and yet that pic looks like a creepy naked incontinent man, no?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just thought it appropriate to come here and say...

    YOU EFFIN BETTER GET WELL SOON SO YOU DON'T TRAVEL THAT DAMN COLD ALL THIS WAY AND GIVE IT TO ME THUS RESULTING IN THE END OF THE WORLD

    And no, I am not dramatic, thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you're sick. Especially after you just got done being sick. But I still want to say how disappointed in how you and Ado performed your duties as my so-called 'Valentines'. I see no evidence that either of you has made any effort whatsoever. I'll have to do a great deal of thinking before I agree to be your Valentine next year.

    But I still hope you feel better soon anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aren't you festive with your red shirt and winnie the pooh valentines! i wore black & did laundry all day. i guess the creepy incontinent baby-dude skipped me this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bahaha, he got you an Easter card? That's epic & he's awesome! Well, you know, except for the fact he gave you his death cold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the baby bit me and it hurt. He's teething. Oh crap you were talking about Cupid. Oops, he struck my hubby and I got flowers. Feel better soon. Your Hubby owes you more than flowers. Doesn't he know "going the extra mile" doesn't mean sharing his illnesses?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well crap, I hope you feel better soon. Between this and what happened on your vacation (just reading about it put me in such a panic so you rocked out with your sock out for being able to get through it), I would be a mess any lying on the floor in a fetal position. That and there would be a vodka bottle by my side. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gia - Yes. Yes it does. Ew.

    Carm - You chickenshit! I'm coming to see you sick or not!

    jac - Oh I'm sorry darlin. You are always my Valentine - not just on Creepy Naked Baby Day.

    Becca - Ah, yes, He's pretty sweet. Usually.

    Sherilin - No, I like your valentine style. I have one grumpy boss at work. I told her I picked out her Valentine special. She asked his the heart was BLACK. lol No, it was just Eeor.

    Lin - No! He's brutal! I was SO mad!

    LACE - Yes, he sure does owe me more. A new car, to start with.

    Elle - Well crap is right. I came close to the fetal position often in the last couple weeks for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh hell, you're sick again?!? That just tanks. I mean, I get sharing in all, but tell the hubbs to STOP IT all ready.

    I hope you get better soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet you're fun to work with. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lizbeth - Thanks! I'm coughing up both lungs and what could only be part of my small intestine, but otherwise on the mend.

    Heather - Aw, thanks. I like to think so. Ha!

    ReplyDelete