Sunday, 26 December 2010

Let the festivities begin!

Well, the day is officially here.  Boxing Day!  The day we've all been waiting for.  The day where 16 family members will be joining Hubby and I for a holiday dinner, the likes of which I have never prepared before.  

Not to say Christmas Eve and Day were not also great, but today is Main Event.   

Christmas Eve was spent on last minute errands, a suchi dinner, and opening our gifts (including THIS brand new laptop!).  We missed our families, but it was nice to not be rushed on Christmas Eve, and to sleep in our own bed. 

But Christmas Day was a different story - of course it was spent preparing for the Main Event. 

We moved furniture, wrapped gifts, set tables, vacuumed floors, prepared food, and peeled endless stickers off of endless bowls, plates, cups, and other serving dishes.

And you should see the refrigerator.  I'm sure I've never seen so much cold food in my life.  

We had one setback though.  

We went to the neighbours' in the afternoon to spread some holiday cheer, and they offered us a drink.  Bad idea, given that I've been too occupied/stressed to sleep or eat.  Two glasses of white on the emptiest stomach of all time is NOT the best decision I've ever made.  Awesome.    

Well, I'm not sure if you've ever had an afternoon hangover, but it isn't pleasant.  After I slept it off for a bit, I battled the headache and rose above it, only to stay up until midnight getting everything just right.  

So far it looks good.  And I have a minor sense of the childhood Christmas-morning glee. 

More to come...

_

1 comment:

  1. By the way, as the last week moves from Christmas Present to Christmas Past, and as you begin to allow your holiday cheer to fade, you may like to check this hilarious new version of our fav childhood Christmas song. http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1944698

    ReplyDelete