Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Fa la la la la, la la, la la

Ok.  I am officially in the spirit. 

Deck the Halls with bows of holly!   Yes, we have 2.5 Christmas trees – a little fake one in the front window, and two big real ones for the tv room and basement.  And yes, I certainly did have to buy more decorations for this heightened level of festivity.  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

‘Tis the season to be jolly!   I’ve shopped and shopped every night for weeks, and baked and baked all day last Sunday, and I’ve enjoyed nearly every minute of it.  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

Don we now our gay apparel!   And I’ve been wearing my Santa hat and blinking reindeer nose at work almost every day, too.  Fa la la, la la la, la, la, la!

Troll the ancient Yule tide carol!   I’ve watched almost every Christmas movie ever made… National Lampoon’s Wonderful Life, Home Alone Elf, and Bad Santa Miracle … and I love them all!  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

See the blazing Yule before us!   We just bought MORE fire wood and Hubby is wheel-barrelling it from the giant pile on our driveway through the snow to the back shed as we speak.  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

Strike the harp and join the chorus!   And I’ve been looking up lyrics and guitar tabs to prepare for the family sing along that I intend on forcing our guests to take part in.  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

Follow me in merry measure!   Hubby and I even drove around looking at Christmas lights the other night, and actually, I’ve just heard of one more particularly crazy street that we will have to check out in the coming days.  Fa la la, la la la, la, la, la!

While I tell of Yule tide treasure!   And you'd better bet that I’ve been telling anyone who will listen that I was bitten by a rabid Christmas elf and therefore have gone Christmas crazy with yuletide cheer - crazy enough to invite 20 people to my house for Boxing Day dinner… AND that I can’t. friggin. wait.  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

Fast away the old year passes!   And I’ve been making my list, and checking it twice, thrice, and four times, to make sure we have everything we “need” in time for the big day (including a green table runner, spreading knives, and two sets of salt and pepper shakers).  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

Hail the new, ye lads and lasses!   And I expect to get everyone drunk enough that they’ll be more willing to play my games and eat my food.  Fa la la la la, la la, la la!

Sing we joyous, all together!   And Hubby was merry enough this morning to sing Christmas carols in the shower. (Only, they weren’t real Christmas carols – they were Hubby’s Christmas carols, with random lyrics and rude rhymes – but I enjoyed it nonetheless.)  Fa la la, la la la, la, la, la!

Heedless of the wind and weather…   Well, despite my seemingly endless Christmas spirit, I continue to curse the winter every damn morning when I leave the house.  Fa laaa laaa laaa laa, laa laa… laaaaa… laaaaaaaaa…..

If you're feeling Christmassy like me, check this out
__

1 comment:

  1. Coincidentally, I just came across this...
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MariannaAnnadanna?feature=mhum#p/a/f/1/8-0WVfj76bo

    ReplyDelete