Friday, 15 June 2012

I caught a fever

I caught a fever.  I woke up this morning feeling pretty normal, but then, when I was watching the Today Show, something funny started to happen inside me.  I felt kinda tingly and giddy... off kilter. 

And that's when I realized. 

I caught it. 

I caught Bieber Fever



Godammit. 

I was minding my own business!  I wasn't exposing myself to dangerous contagions!  I was clean!

But then Matt Lauer was interviewing The Biebs and everything got a bit goofy.  It turns out that Matt just joined the twitter, and he made the mistake of asking The Biebs to help him with his first tweet. 

True to form, the little dude genius took Matt's phone, and tweeted this:




HAHAHAHahahahahahahaha!

What a sucker.  He totally handed over his phone - and his first ever tweet - to an 18 year old pop star with 25 million twitter followers.  GOOD IDEA MATT. 

And then I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. 

But afterward, I began to get sucked in...  Not only is he an 18 year old genius, but that Boyfriend song is actually really catchy.  And he's a good little dancer, isn't he?  And Canadian.  We can't forget Canadian.  Be still my heart. 

There's no hope for me.  I'm lost.  This fever will consume me and I will forever be wandering the wasteland of what was once my adult life, wondering where all my responsible friends and family members have gone...

Sure, Hubby may stick by me for a while, but for how long?  How long can he deal with a tragically and hopelessly ill Wifey?  Not long.  He may have stood by me through Asshole Depression and Bastard Anxiety, but not this.  This is too much.  Now he knows I've truly gone insane. 



There's no going back. Farewell, cruel world.  Farewell. 

Baby, baby, baby, Ohhhhhhh...

26 comments:

  1. Um... that's it. I cannot possibly be friends with you anymore and I have to cancel Chicago. WTF is wrong with you! I'm bloody speachless. No I'm not. But I will spare your readers my profanities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ssshhhhhh ihavebeiberfevertoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg! Watch his movie. That's how I caught it! And I will never admit that to anyone else. I'm a freaking 28yr old mother of three with effing Bieber Fever. Welcome friend, Welcome ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL That's what my coworker said. His wife caught it by taking their girls to the movie. I'm a 28 year old mother of two (cats) and this is a problem.

      Thank you! lol

      Delete
    2. I imagine that this is what it feels like to attend AA meetings ;-) "Hello, My name is Amanda and I have Bieber fever"

      The Biebs is coming to Milwaukee in October and when I told my husband I was either going to buy tickets are win them from a radio contest he threatened to divorce me. I can't even use the kids as an excuse to go, they're all boys and could care less :) Looks like my marriage will last a while longer. Hahaha!

      Delete
  4. I don't even know what to say to you right now...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! Hahahahahaha. I know. *hangs head in shame*

      Delete
  5. I can't even look at you right now....shame shame shame!! I thought you were going to say you had a fever for more cowbell, something respectable! Not Bieber...anything but the freakin Biebs.

    BTW, that Boyfriend song....sucks! BLECH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harsh! It isn't that bad, is it? My friend LB below defends me!

      Delete
    2. WE NEED MORE COWBELL!!!

      Delete
  6. Perhaps if you listened to a few Beatles CD'S that might cure you or snap you out of your daze. If that doesn't work.....you'd better call Dr. House.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ADORE the Beatles. My fav. I don't compare JB to them, by any means. But a friend did point out this weekend that the Bieb song Baby does sound a lot like ABC by the Jackson Five...

      Delete
  7. Can we not mention the fact that he's Canadian? I'm sick of our music industry being a joke because of acts like the Biebs, and Nickleback, and Celine Dion, while all the amazing acts are continually ignored outside our borders,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. Good point. I do love my Canadian music and it's a shame that so much gets missed. That said, I'm still proud when a fellow Canadian makes a name for his or herself elsewhere. And I think Justing is talented, no matter how ridiculous he is...

      Delete
  8. Oh no! Not Bieber fever! I am pretty sure I am immune to the fever, but about 13 years ago I did catch the nsync craze so I feel your pain. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nsync. lol. I was at an age where I resisted BSB and Nsync. And I was a bit too young for NKOTB. But I still dig that music (aka crap?) on occassion!

      Delete
  9. I'm with you. Although I don't like the music. But man alive, the kid can put.on.a.show. I challenge anyone to watch Never Say Never and not admit that the kid has *it* ... even if, like me, you could take or leave the music! LB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I could count on your for at least some support. And you're not the first who has said that about the movie, either. I CHALLENGE ALL OF YOU!

      Delete
  10. Noooo! Say it isn't so.

    I'm going to choose to ignore this post, pretend it never happened. Hopefully you'll come to your senses in a few days. Please come to your senses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol My head has cleared, but I still have a slight rash. Like Miss Sarcasm, below.

      Delete
  11. I'll start working on a serum to cure you before you become a zombie... really it's that serious.

    Lucky for me I have a natural immunity to Bieber Fever, thank God.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think youre immune, and then BAM it hits you.

      Delete
  12. I have it a tad bit too. I have less Bieber fever and more, slight Bieber rash.
    He's VERY talented.

    ReplyDelete