Sunday, 3 June 2012

Fact: I am PLAYFUL.

In honour of Miss Sarcasm's Operation Play More, here is a list of things I've done recently that I consider "playing" ...



1) I BOOKED A TRIP TO CHICAGO.  With other bloggers.  Yeah.  To drink beer and eat pizza. And to be ridiculous.  Because that's my specialty. 

2) I smeared yellow dandelion goop on my friend Phil's arm.  And then I ran away.

3) I made s'mores on the fire.  Yes, the fire.  That Hubby made.  This weekend.  In our house.  In June. 

4) I took off from work and bought popsicles for my colleagues.  And then I ate them.  K, not all of them, but at least two. 

5) I went to see Snow White and the Huntsman with the girls.  And I squealed childishly when the trailer for the final Twilight movie played.  And then I squealed even more when almost every scene in Snow White was the same as those in Twilight.  Like, THE SAME.  (Except for the ones with Charlese Theron.  Charlese Theron is a beautiful genius.)  Oh, and I also spent $4.51 on the smallest bag of peanut M&Ms known to humanity, simply to avoid eating the GREEN BEANS my friends were snacking on.  Losers. 

6) I became a #gooseabductor.  Rather, I tried to.  Not really geese.  More like goslings.  I've not yet been successful, but I haven't given up.  Hint for other potential goose abductors: mother geeses don't like when you try to abduct their babies. 



12 comments:

  1. i would try to abduct those cute fluffballs too. though, they look a bit rough when their big bird feathers start growing in. i guess we're all a bit awkward during the teenage years.
    sounds like you're having fun being playful. yay, you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay me! I actually did pet one and they're not that fluffy. They're more like burnt straw.

      Delete
  2. I bought a HUGE bouncy ball at Walmart and proceeded to bounce it around the store the whole time I was there... along with kidlet... the bf was supremely embarrassed to be seen with us and pretty much refused to ever spend time at Walmart with us again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun!! Hubby is always embarrassed when I do stuff like that. Men are babies.

      Delete
  3. FACT: This post seriously made me LOL and I almost woke the baby monster but it's totally ok because FACT: It's so freaking awesome you're going to Chicago to drink beer and eat cheesy things (totally lame I can't be there) and also...BREAKING DAWN 2!! (nuf said) AND.. I love that you tried to abduct and baby goose!!

    When I was 14 I nabbed a baby turkey and momma turkey got PISSED and chased me and I freaked out! My dad said it was the funniest thing he'd ever seen and wished he had a camera because the sheer terror on my face was priceless.

    I lost my dad nearly six years ago and your post brought up a memory that I had completely forgotten. THANK YOU for not only sharing some good humour with us but bringing me back to a time I had long forgotten and putting an even bigger smile on my face!!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the cutest story ever and you make me happy. Also, your dad seems like a fun guy who loved you - because only people who truly love us laugh sincerely at our misfortune. Xo

      Delete
  4. Fact 1: You're not just playful, you're hilarious. Fact 2: Green beans are nature's candy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey. Guess what? I'm going to Chicago too. And I'm absolutely crapping myself! Feeling a tad guilty for spending the money. I'll get over it when I pay it off. If I spent it on my kids there would be no guilt attached. Darn mommy guilt.

    Who the hell brings veggies to the movies? Yay for the M&M's!!!

    Last week my 17month old started running squeeling towards the goslings at the man made pond by our home. I had to run and save him from the Daddy Goose getting ready to charge him if he dared much closer. 17 month old found this hilarious. I laughed at my super mommy speed and reflexes. I'm not that fast under normal circumstances.

    This weekend, I sang and danced around the kitchen as I cooked dinner at work. Both nights I had everyone in stitches. it felt good. I hadn't done that in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should be way more excited!!!!!! It will be amazing. This will be good for you. You deserve it. Mothers and wives need to treat themselves!!

      Also, your gild sounds like my kinda kid. :)

      Delete
  6. FUN! I can't wait to PLAY in Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete