Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Today was a highlight

Today was not an entirely bad day.  Things picked up around lunchtime.  Here's why:

I decided my cubical was lacking a serious amount of cake-related items.  There was not enough of a cake situation surrounding me.  I needed a circumstance in which cake was a prominent player. 

Luckily, I had the means and the wherewithal to rectify this sad misfortune. 

Off to the cafeteria. 

And then.  THEN the absolute bliss resulting from the purchase of a giant chocolate marshmallow s'more score bar cake square. 

Officially one of the best decisions I have ever made. 

I mean, it was surely at least 3,463 calories of pure sugar and lard, and it definitely sat in my stomach like a brick for a couple of hours afterward, but this was by far the most wonderful thing that has happened to me at work in at least 3 months.  Maybe even better than the boardroom wine and cheese party. 

The high that followed this massive caloric intake was entirely well-received and really quite exciting. 

From there, I was motivated to wish my friend and coworker a happy birthday by creating a sexy French character (Jean-Francois-Pierre-Luc) and then drawing his face on a balloon - complete with notes of admiration en français.   Unfortunately, Jean-Francois-Pierre-Luc's girlfriend (Miss Babette) was not pleased, and expressed her distaste via pink balloon a couple of hours later. 

This little rouse paid off, as I later received a slice of homemade chocolate banana bread as a thank you. 

The musical icing atop an already great cake day was the soft-rock radio station that played Faith by George Michael,to which I fully rocked out during my drive home. 

BOOYAW





14 comments:

  1. Dang. I have been craving cake and homemade soft cookies like crazy. To say I'm a smidge jealous of you is an extreme understatement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost makes me want to go back to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOOT! My baby turns 3 on black Friday, and we are celebrating her birthday with various friends and family here and there 3-7 times in November, so yeah ....CAKE!! There are few things I can think of better than cake, pizza is only a tie, even.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy birthday to Baby! And huzzah for multiple cakes! We have cake a lot at work (classic office cake parties) but we seem to be in a dry spell lately...

      Delete
  4. sometimes a massive sugar high is just what the doctor ordered, isn't it?
    i saw a video a couple days ago & i think you might like it. this post reminded me. i want you to eat the creation at the end!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2MUYs9mw9o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was so awesome! I tweeted it to be enjoyed in conjunction with my blog post and George Michael. (Another reason you need to be on the twitter please and thank you.)

      Delete
  5. Haha.
    You'd be so jealous to know that cake is my nickname IRL but only because it's actually my initials. CAKE. Yup. It's like it was fate or something, eh? Bahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOUR INITIALS ARE CAKE?! That is so awesome. You are my hero.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like an awesome day!!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have no doubt that you are a master morale booster for the entire team, and likely, the entire floor. Your ridiculousness is a gift beyond measure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's nice. Not as much lately, but my boss has a decent approach too. Yesterday when the folks around the corner were all gone for the day he decided to mix up all their chairs. I helped, of course.

      Delete