Thursday, 3 October 2013

It's not a secret what a mess I am

I don't know if you've figured this out about me, but I'm a giant stressball.  Shit stresses me the fuck out.  I get worried, and anxious, and up tight about crap that probably shouldn't matter, but for some reason it totally does.

Although I am not currently in a mental state strong enough to attempt to lessen my crazy, I can at least point it out.

One thing I am trying to improve? I'm trying - really trying - to acknowledge that what stresses me out probably doesn't stress other people out.  Especially Hubby.  And, of course, what stresses him out doesn't bother me in the slightest.  So when Hubby wants to clean the garage or insulate the crawl space, I need to let him - even when I'd rather he mop the floor or cut the grass.  (The grass has been cut about three times since April, just for the record.)

Unfortunately, I've been at home for five months, which means I sit around my house finding things that bother me, and then I add them to my list of things that need fixing.  Because crazy.  However, when I actually get to cross something off the list? True euphoria. Last weekend was a prime example.  



Yeah.  Those are our batteries.  And by "our" batteries, I mean they reside in our house but they really belong to Hubby who seems to have an unnatural and unrequited love for batteries.

Some are rechargeable (no, we're not total monsters who care nothing about the environment), but many are not. Most importantly, there is no way of knowing which ones work because all the dead ones just sit in the house for years and years waiting for me to take them to some sort of green recycling place or something, which I will clearly never do.

Thanks to my weird stress obsession, though, the batteries have now been sorted into three boxes: working; not working; and, probably not working but maybe working and we may never know so let's keep them and maybe we can put them in the tv clicker or something.

That's what you call SUCCESS, people.


7 comments:

  1. My husband and I are the same way.

    Those batteries will be useful as your toy collection grows. I think my junk drawer is full of dead batteries from overused toys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of that! Toys! I now have hope. :)

      Delete
  2. Holy shit batman: TOTAL WIN!!!!! (PS: I want to fly to you and spend a month with you, let's make this happen mmmm'k? Those few hours in the pub downtown was not enough for me)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES PLEASE! Anytime! (Although I suggest either before or after the evil that is our winters.)

      Delete
  3. lol I needed this today. Hubby has a collection of electronics. It multiplies. true story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo that's the worst. Almost as bad as a collection of video games.

      Delete
  4. My house is always chaos. I have given up. You are my idol!

    ReplyDelete