Ok, maybe not.
But it's close.
Given that I was brilliant enough to invite 20 some-odd people for Boxing Day dinner (and that 19 were crazy enough to accept), I have a lot to do. Not to mention all the other holiday related garbage - um, I mean, planning - we have to do in December.
So I took Friday and Monday off to make a dent in my ever-growing to-do list. And I was fairly successful. That's a pro. But I've also completely worn myself out. That's a con.
Day One
- Woke up at 5:30 when Hubby went to work, and failed to fall back to sleep - con
- Watched The Young and the Restless for the first time in months - pro
- Got groceries and other so-called "necessities" at Walmart - con
- Cleaned the house - con, mostly
- Argued with Hubby about changing the sheets - con
- Changed the sheets by myself - bigass con
- Scrapbooked (which is, by the way, a pretty nice gift, considering the time it takes to get it right ) - pro
- Did laundry - con
- Invited the neighbours for dinner - pro
- Cleaned the house better - con
- Got better groceries - con
- Ate dinner, drank wine, played games - huge pro
- Went in the neighbour's hot tub (against my better judgment) - minor pro
- Took advil - pro, I guess
- Drank water - pro... yeah, pro
- Fell "asleep" - big pro
- Slept in (kinda) - pro
- Ate Kraft Dinner for Breakfast - delicious pro
- Played Wii with Hubby - pro
- Until we had to work as a team, and it was all downhill from there - con
- Scrapbooked and watched "The Santa Clause" - pro, and pro
- Woke up at 5:30 when Hubby went to work, but managed to fall back to sleep - pro
- Went to the dentist for a "check up" (ie, an xray and a dentist poking each of my teeth once with a sharp stick) - con
- Went shopping... for two hours - um, pro
- Ate A&W for lunch - disgusting con
- Continued shopping... for two more hours - dwindling pro
- Went to the bank (to beg them not to drop me as a client after seeing how much money I spent today) - con
- Went to the post office (to pay more money for mailing gifts and cards) - con
- Scrapbooked again - pro
- Took a hot bath - PRO
- Bloggy bloggy bloggy - pro pro pro
Et voila. Here we are. And overall, it was a fun and productive four-day weekend.
Don't worry. I promise to be more festive in the coming days.
__
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.